Publisher: Digital Jesters
Developer: Monte Cristo
Genre: Life simulation
Platform: PC, PlayStation 2
‘7 Sins’ is a life simulation video game produced in France. The player controls a male player-character (who appears to be nameless) in fictional Apple City and tries to climb the social ladder. In the process, the player has to make decisions associated with various deadly sins. In addition to the “Sin meter,” each character the player-character meets in the game affects the player-character’s three meters: Sex, Anger, and Stress.
The game appears to have only been released in Europe and was banned in the U.S. This video below shows a basic overview of the game (*Content Warning*: transphobia, sexual assault).
LGBTQ references in this game:
See also QRM’s entry for this game.
- 7 Sins. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_Sins
- 7 Sins. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.mobygames.com/game/7-sins
- 7 Sins preview. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.ign.com/games/7-sins/pc-708435
- 7 Sins (PS2). (n.d.). retrieved from http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/7-sins/
- Bundy Jr., L. (2014, June 17). Banned Games- 7 Sins (PS2/PC) Review. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD9J4CQkEyg
- Petrovic, N. (2012, February 19). 7 Sins Trailer. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaLf0IxHfwg&list=PL6Z0kxROE4is-ppTUHSVKN6bcB7XSpM1s&index=15
- Seven deadly sins. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins
- Spazzout. (2007, November 16). 7 Sins Walkthrough. GameFAQs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/920843-7-sins/faqs/50795