Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
Genre: Side-scrolling beat ’em up
Platform: PSN and XBox Live Arcade
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game is the video game companion to Bryan Lee O’Malley’s cult graphic novel series, Scott Pilgrim. Loosely dictated by the plot of the graphic novels, as many as four players can control the title character, his would-be girlfriend Ramona Flowers, Kim Pine, or Stephen Stills as well as the unlockable character NegaScott and Knives Chau and Wallace Wells via download. The object is to vanquish all of Ramona’s seven evil exes. Each character has a unique moveset, expandable by gaining experience, and all characters have access to weapons.
LGBTQ references in this game:
Ramona Flowers and Roxanne Ritcher
See also QRM’s entry for this game.
- Bryan Lee O’Malley. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Lee_O%27Malley
- Goldstein, H. (2010, August 25). Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game review. IGN. Retrieved from http://www.ign.com/games/scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-the-game/xbox-360-22133
- IGN. (2010, June 13). Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World Game Trailer (E3 2010). YouTube. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAY4vNJd7A8
- Oni Press. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oni_Press
- Scott Pilgrim. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Pilgrim
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Pilgrim_vs._the_World:_The_Game