A Midsummer Day’s Resonance is a visual novel in which the player follows the story of protagonist Kasumi Kurasawa, a young high schooler who is trying to figure out her place in the world. By way of her mobile phone that begins mysteriously project images of two girls (Minamo Kawara and Itsuki Mukai) from some unknown location, Kasumi falls in love with Itsuki due to her “beautiful and gentle personality”. The visual novel explores Kasumi making sense of these newfound feelings as well as her broader teenage angst about the world. As the plot unfolds, the player learns that the three girls could never truly meet in person but Kasumi cherishes her feelings for Itsuki as she moves on with her life beyond that summer.
- Yue-chan. (2008, July 30). Another summer story. Yue-Chan (Blog). Retrieved from https://yuechan.wordpress.com/2008/07/30/another-summer-story/#more-166
- Various. (2005, May 15). Natsu no Hi no Resonance. The Visual Novel Database (Website). Retrieved from https://vndb.org/v8
- Zalas. (2007, February 20). Review: A Midsummer Day’s Resonance. NovelNews (Website). Retrieved from http://novelnews.net/2007/02/20/review-a-midsummer-days-resonance/
- Kitty. (2008, June 10). A Midsummer Day’s Resonance. Kittywychan (Blog). Retrieved from http://kittywychan.blogspot.com/2008/06/midsummer-days-resonance.html
- Jam. (2012, June 6). A Midsummer Day’s Resonance. StoryGames4u (Blog). Retrieved from https://storygames4u.wordpress.com/2012/06/06/a-midsummer-days-resonance/