Developer: Quantic Dream
Creator: David Cage
Genre: Interactive drama, action-adventure
Platform: PC/Mac, PS2, XBox
In the paranormal thriller Indigo Prophecy (released outside of North America as Fahrenheit), New York City is shaken by mysterious murders linked by a pattern: people go violently berserk and openly slaughter strangers. Players must use detective skills and bravery to uncover and overcome the supernatural evil toying with the epidemic. There are three player-characters that players switch between throughout the game. Lucas Kane is the main protagonist who murders someone while in a trance at the start of the game. Players also investigate the murder as police detectives Carla Valenti and Tyler Miles.
LGBTQ references in this game:
See also QRM’s entry for this game.
- Bedlam, B. (n.d.). Video Game Rewind: Indigo Prophecy. Retrieved from http://unrealitymag.com/video-games/video-game-rewind-indigo-prophecy
- Carla Valenti. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://fahrenheit.wikia.com/wiki/Carla_Valenti
- Fahrenheit (2005 video game). (n.d.). Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_(2005_video_game)
- Lucas Kane. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://fahrenheit.wikia.com/wiki/Lucas_Kane
- Tyler Miles. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://fahrenheit.wikia.com/wiki/Tyler_Miles