Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
Country: Canada, United States of America
Platforms: Xbox One, Playstation®4 system, PC
Genre: third-person shooter, action-adventure
Watch Dogs 2, the sequel to Watch Dogs (2014), is an open world game that takes place in the modern-day San Francisco Bay Area of California. The player-character is Marcus Holloway, a hacker who is wrongly accused of a crime by San Francisco’s advanced surveillance system, ctOS 2.0 (central Operating System). The goal of the game is to take down ctOS 2.0 by working with hacker group DedSec in order to prevent other innocent citizens from being punished. The gameplay involves traveling around the San Francisco Bay Area to complete missions and operations (side-missions). Once completed, Marcus’s follower count increases, allowing the player to unlock new missions and gain research points. The game also features a cooperative multiplayer mode and several competitive multiplayer modes (Hacking Invasion, Bounty Hunter, Showdown, Racing, Man vs. Machine, Loot Trucks). A run through of the main gameplay and multiplayer gameplays can be found here and here respectively.
LGBTQ References in this game:
See also QRM’s entry for this game.
- Followers. (n.d.). Watch_Dogs Wikia. Retrieved from https://watchdogs.fandom.com/wiki/Followers
- Phillips, Tom. Everything We Know About Watch Dogs 2. (June 8, 2016). Eurogamer. Retrieved from https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-08-everything-we-know-about-watch-dogs-2
- Varanini, Giancarlo. Watch Dogs 2 Reveal – Here’s What You Need To Know About Ctos’ Bay Area Invasion. (June 8, 2016). Ubisoft. Retrieved from https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/313390/watch-dogs-2-reveal-ctos-invades-san-francisco-bay-area-heres-need-know?isSso=true&integratorSiteUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fnews.ubisoft.com%2Fen-us%2Farticle%2F313390%2Fwatch-dogs-2-reveal-ctos-invades-san-francisco-bay-area-heres-need-know&refreshStatus=noLoginData
- Watch Dogs 2. (n.d.). Queerly Represent Me. Retrieved from https://queerlyrepresent.me/title/watch-dogs-2
- Watch Dogs 2. (n.d.). Ubisoft. Retrieved from https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/watch-dogs-2/
- Watch Dogs 2. (n.d.). Watch_Dogs Wikia. Retrieved from https://watchdogs.fandom.com/wiki/Watch_Dogs_2
- Watch Dogs 2. (June 17, 2019). Wikipedia. Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watch_Dogs_2