Rudolph Gartheimer is an opponent in the story mode of Groove on Fight. Damian Shade is described as his “servant” and, by most accounts, is his lover. In the story mode of the game, Damian is killed by Bristol.
In the Sega Saturn version of the game, Damian can be unlocked as a playable character by defeating the game with specific other characters. Unlike other characters in the game, however, he appears to have to “Super” moves. You can see both characters in action in the video below.
- Craig, B. (2015, February 15). LGBT Couples in video games. http://diaryofaslightlyirritatedblackman.blogspot.com/2015/02/lgbt-couples-in-video-gaming.html
- Damian Shade. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://powerinstinct.wikia.com/wiki/Damian_Shade
- Groove on Fight. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://powerinstinct.wikia.com/wiki/Groove_On_Fight
- Groove on Fight: Gouketsuji Ichizoku 3- Arcade, Saturn (1997). (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/powerinstinct/powerinstinct2.htm
- Groove on Fight: Gouketsuji Ichizoku 3 (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.giantbomb.com/groove-on-fight-gouketsuji-ichizoku-3/3030-17631/
- Roman FiveFive. (2013, April 6). Groove on Fight: Damian Shade in Arcade Version. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2CieL4uNi0
- Rudolf Gartheimer. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://powerinstinct.wikia.com/wiki/Rudolph_Gartheimer