Three of the female characters in Evil Zone—Setsuna, Kakurine, and Ihadurca—are claimed to be lesbians (here, here), but we can find no additional information on their sexuality. There does seem to be a relationship between Kakurine and Ihadulca (the main villain in the game).
Setsuna Saizuki is a playable character who has a being, Karin, who coexists with her in her body. Her childhood friend is Midori, and perhaps their closeness is what is being read as evidence for Setsuna’s queerness.
Ithadulca is the main antagonist, and she is trapped in the Evil Zone. She is possessed by Lea, and some describe her as Kakurine’s lover. Others, however, note that the nature of their relationship is not made clear.
You can view Kakurine battle Setsuna and then Ihadurca here.
- Beckford, Dwayne. (2008, October 17). Evil Zone- Kakurine’s Story 3 Ending. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1wQDU17VHE
- Diverse Gaming Lists. (2015, February 26). Lesbians in video games. http://diversegaminglists.tumblr.com/post/112131061857/lesbians-in-video-games-i-have-seen-a-post-going
- Ihadurca. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.bladeandepsilon.com/ez/ihadulca.htm
- Ihadurca. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://evilzone.wikia.com/wiki/Ihadulca
- Ihadurca. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://evil-zone.wikia.com/wiki/Ihadurca
- Kakurine. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://evilzone.wikia.com/wiki/Kakurine
- Kakurine. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.bladeandepsilon.com/ez/kakurine.htm
- Kakurine. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://evil-zone.wikia.com/wiki/Kakurine
- LGBT characters in video games. (n.d). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_characters_in_video_games
- Setsuna Saizuki. (n.d.). Retrived from http://evilzone.wikia.com/wiki/Setsuna_Saizuki
- Setsuna Saizuki. (n.d.). Retrived from http://evil-zone.wikia.com/wiki/Setsuna_Saizuki