Binbou-gami is a boss demon in Devil Summoner 2. He is the god of poverty and the first Fiend in the game. The player fights him in Mannen-Cho, right before the final confrontation with Tatsumi. His dialogue when he first appears and his dialogue during his fight with Raidou have been read as evidence that he is an implicitly gay and masochistic character. The specific lines can be seen in this video, or the images below.
At the end of the fight with Raidou, the demon says (according to this walkthrough):
“A day… To remember! It was delightful being punished… Wiith your love. Hohohohohohohoh.
I shall never forget the delicate taste of your love-punishment! I shall neeeeeeeeeeever forget!
Please, promise you will share some of your love-punishment with me again, in the future…”
LGBTQ references in this game series:
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers: Drag Queen Demon
- Binbou-gami. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Binbou-gami
- Goranson, A. (2015, March 9). IPAT: Devil Summoner 2- Ep. 3- Croquette. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVXiTwX9ZNY
- Huskins, B. (2009, June 15). Devil Summoner 2- Boss #4- Binbougami. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9FIXD8zqSs
- LGBT characters in video games. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_characters_in_video_games
- Luisfe. (n.d.). Part 24: Facing Tatsumi for the last time. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2. Let’s Play Archive. http://lparchive.org/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Devil-Summoner-2/Update%2024/
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2– Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Devil_Summoner_2:_Raidou_Kuzunoha_vs._King_Abaddon