Fatal Hearts follows the story of Christina, a purple haired teenage girl who finds herself involved in a deadly conflict between vampire cultists and werewolf clans. Like many visual novels, the player is able to make a variety of different choices that allow for many possible outcomes for the game’s progression. One such option involves the player choosing for Christina to reciprocate the romantic feelings of her pink haired best friend Lucy. As noted in this game review, this subplot is rather difficult to “cancel” once initiated but doesn’t really have a huge effect on the main plotline. It ultimately provides a story where two women “have a happy ending”.
- (n.d). Fatal Hearts (Visual Novel). TVTropes Wiki. Retrieved from http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VisualNovel/FatalHearts
- Neal Chandran. (2008, July 21). Fatal Hearts Review. RPG Fan. Retrieved from http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/fatalhearts/index.html
- (2012, December 26). Fatal Hearts – Guest Review. Dragon Quill. Retrieved from http://www.dragon-quill.net/fatal-hearts-guest-review/
- (2007, December 23). Favorite pairing for Christina. Fatal Hearts (Visual Novel). Hanako Games Forum. Retrieved from http://hanakoforum.nfshost.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=142
- Author – Adventures in Vanaheim. (2013, January 5). Game Review: Fatal Hearts. Adventures in Vanaheim Blog. Retrieved from https://adventuresinvanaheim.wordpress.com/2013/01/05/game-review-fatal-hearts/