This is a list of reported moments in which LGBTQ characters or topics are mentioned in the Leisure Suit Larry Series. We have also included characters here who were mentioned by one author or another as possibly LGBTQ but for whom we could not find any confirmation. If you know of more or can provide a source confirming the sexualities of any of the characters below, please let us know!
In the original Leisure Suit Larry, there are comedians who the player can watch perform. Several of the jokes make fun of homosexuals, and all are designed to be tasteless.
At the end of the game, Larry and a female character named Patti are lost in the “Bamboo Forest.” They escape the forest, but the game ends with them being caught by “lesbian cannibals.”
There is a sign in the New York airport in this game that reads: “Gay? Lesbian? Divorced? Single? Widowed? Depressed? Sorry, but the ‘Blecchnaven Center‘ offers weekly seminars for happy, straight couples only.”
LGBTQ references in this game series:
Leisure Suit Larry (1987): Comedian’s jokes
Leisure Suit Larry 5 (1991): Sign in airport
Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust (2009): Damone LaCoque
- Comedian’s jokes. (n.d.) Retrived from http://leisuresuitlarry.wikia.com/wiki/Comedian%27s_jokes
- Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards. (n.d.) Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leisure_Suit_Larry_in_the_Land_of_the_Lounge_Lizards
- Leisure Suit Larry III: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leisure_Suit_Larry_III:_Passionate_Patti_in_Pursuit_of_the_Pulsating_Pectorals
- Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work. (n.d.) Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leisure_Suit_Larry_5:_Passionate_Patti_Does_a_Little_Undercover_Work
- New York. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://leisuresuitlarry.wikia.com/wiki/New_York
- The Doctor. (n.d.). Walkthrough for Leisure Suit Larry III. Retrieved from http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/565082-leisure-suit-larry-iii-passionate-patti-in-pursuit/faqs/2121