Dr. N Gin is a playable character in Crash Tag Team Racing. A reoccurring emotionally volatile antagonist in the Crash Bandicoot series, Dr. N Gin is portrayed in Crash Tag Team Racing as having a tendency to cross-dress (particularly in a pink ballerina outfit). At one point, Dr. N Gin complains about how he isn’t “pretty enough” and is extremely happy when Crash Bandicoot gifts him a pink tutu, lipstick, and ballerina slippers. N Gin further claims that the pink slippers give him “power”. Fans have discussed his characterization as a “transvestite”, and further speculated as to whether or not this coupled with his vocal hatred of women could imply that he is a gay man.
- Various. (n.d.) Dr. N Gin (character page). Bandipedia (Crash Bandicoot Wiki). Retrieved from http://crashbandicoot.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_N._Gin
- Various. (n.d.) Crash Bandicoot Characters (Wiki Page). TV Tropes Wiki. Retrieved from http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/CrashBandicoot
- Various. (n.d.) List of quotes in Crash Tag Team Racing by Doctor N Gin. Bandipedia (Crash Bandicoot Wiki). Retieved from http://crashbandicoot.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_quotes_in_Crash_Tag_Team_Racing_said_by_Doctor_N._Gin
- Various. (n.d.) Dr. N Gin (character page). Giant Bomb Wiki. Retrieved from http://www.giantbomb.com/dr-n-gin/3005-3329/
- Various. (2009, June 1). Why not a transvestite character in TR9?. Tomb Raider Forums. Retrieved from http://www.tombraiderforums.com/archive/index.php/t-144005.html