Kokichi Oma is a student trapped in the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles and forced to take part in the Killing School Semester. He seems to very much want the attention of the player character, Shuichi Saihara, to the point where he says some suggestive and sexual things. Some of the things he says are as follows (and can be found here):
- Kokichi: But I won’t tell you where I hid the stolen gem! Torture won’t work either, y’know!
- Shuichi: I-I’m not going to torture you! What exactly do you think a detective *does*?
- Kokichi: You’re planning on tyin’ and roughin’ up my body, aren’t you? That’s why there’s a bed, huh?
- Kokichi: Aawww…you’re not shaken up at all. I thought you would be more excited. That’s too bad…I really wanted your eyes to be on me…
He also is one of the only characters that responds positively in the Love Across the Universe mode on a second date in the Gym when Shuichi says, “Ah, maybe we should take off our clothes…?”
- Kokichi: Oooh! To be honest, I’ve always wanted to strip for you!
- Kokichi: …is something you probably wanted to hear, huuuh? Why should I have to strip for you?
It is also worth noting that Kokichi is a compulsive liar throughout the game, however, in his Love Suite event in the Love Across the Universe bonus mode, his ideal person is Shuichi Saihara himself. This is different from other Love Suite events, as Shuichi usually takes on whoever the ideal person for a character is. This leads to a classification of Gay Explicit.
LGBTQ References in this series:
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (2010): Chihiro; Genocide Jack/Jill and Toko; Hifumi’s Ending; Mondo and Taka; Monokuma; School Mode
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (2012): Ibuki Mioda, Island Mode, Mentions, Mikan Tsumiki, Nagito Komaeda, Teruteru Hanamura
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (2014): Tokomaru Ship
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (2017): K1-B0, Kaede Akamatsu, Kokichi Oma, Korekiyo Shinguji’s Love Suite Event, Love Across the Universe: Dangan Salmon Team, Miu Iruma, Rantaro Amami, Tenko Chabashira
See also QRM’s entry for this game series.
- justonegamr. (2017, September 30). Danganronpa V3 – Kokichi Oma Love Suite Event (English) [PS4]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWolW3io7j4
- Kokichi Oma. (n.d.). Retrieved February 7, 2020, from https://danganronpa.fandom.com/wiki/Kokichi_Oma
- Love Across the Universe/Kokichi Oma. (n.d.). Retrieved February 7, 2020, from https://danganronpa.fandom.com/wiki/Love_Across_the_Universe/Kokichi_Oma