Yukiko is a playable character in Persona 4 (part of the Persona series). She is close friends with Chie, and her Shadow apparently “wants Chie to become her prince and whisk her away into happily ever after” (Zaher, 2014). There is nothing in the game to explicitly mark her as a queer character, however.
LGBTQ content in this game series:
See also QRM’s entry for this game series.
- List of Persona 4 Characters (n.d.). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Persona_4_characters
- Persona. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_(series)
- Yukiko Amagi. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Yukiko_Amagi
- Yukiko Amagi. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.giantbomb.com/yukiko-amagi/3005-6113/
- Zaher, T. (2014, September 18). Portrayal of LGBT Characters in Persona. Geeks Out. http://geeksout.org/blogs/troy-zaher/portrayal-lgbt-characters-persona