Tatsuya is the protagonist of Persona 2 (part of the Persona series). In the game he can choose to date one of four NPCs: two men and two women. With one male character (Eikichi), nothing happens. The other male character, Jun, is Tatsuya’s childhood friend and their relationship is treated no differently than the two female character options. Given that the character also appears to be openly bisexual throughout the game, this seems to be more than just a relationship option.
LGBTQ content in this game series:
See also QRM’s entry for this game series.
- Bpwner. (n.d.) Persona 2: Innocent Sin. Socks Make People Sexy. http://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/index.php?a=p2_is
- Eikichi Mishina. (n.d.) Retrieved from http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Eikichi_Mishina
- Jun Kurosu. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Jun_Kurosu
- List of Persona 2 characters. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Persona_2_characters
- LGBT characters in video games. (n.d.) Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_characters_in_video_games
- Persona 2: Innocent Sin- Which Decision? (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/257543-persona-2-innocent-sin/46518086
- Tatsuya Suou. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Tatsuya_Suou
- Zaher, T. (2014, September 18). Portrayal of LGBT Characters in Persona. Geeks Out. http://geeksout.org/blogs/troy-zaher/portrayal-lgbt-characters-persona