Jun, is an NPC and main supporting character in Persona 2 (part of the Persona series). In the game, he is represented as effeminate and is into what are coded in Japan as “girly” interests. He is also shown to be in love with his friend Tatsuya. In fact, he is one of the characters Tatsuya (the player-character) can decide to date, depending on how the player progresses in the game. This relationship is portrayed as positive, like any other relationship in the game.
LGBTQ content in this game series:
See also QRM’s entry for this game series.
- Bpwner. (n.d.) Persona 2: Innocent Sin. Socks Make People Sexy. http://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/index.php?a=p2_is
- Eikichi Mishina. (n.d.) Retrieved from http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Eikichi_Mishina
- Jun Kurosu. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Jun_Kurosu
- List of Persona 2 characters. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Persona_2_characters
- LGBT characters in video games. (n.d.) Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_characters_in_video_games
- Persona 2: Innocent Sin- Which Decision? (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/257543-persona-2-innocent-sin/46518086
- Tatsuya Suou. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Tatsuya_Suou
- Zaher, T. (2014, September 18). Portrayal of LGBT Characters in Persona. Geeks Out. http://geeksout.org/blogs/troy-zaher/portrayal-lgbt-characters-persona