Year: 2009 (started)
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Creator: David Gaider
The Dragon Age fantasy role-playing game series is set in the fictional kingdom of Ferelden. The player can play as a range of “classes” and “races” in the battle to restore order to the game world following political and social conflict. The series is most well known, in terms of LGBTQ content, for the number of optional same-sex romances and some inclusion of transgender characters (one major, one minor).
The series includes three main installments, one expansion, and one “freemium game” (there are also several DLC’s extensions for each game).
LGBTQ references in this game series:
Dragon Age II (2011): Serendipity
Heroes of Dragon Age (2013): Maevaris Tilani
See also QRM’s entry for this game.
- Dragon Age: Origins. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Origins
- Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Origins_%E2%80%93_Awakening
- Dragon Age II. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Age_II
- Dragon Age: Inquisition. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Inquisition
- Steimer, K. (March 8, 2011). Dragon Age II review. Retrieved from http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/03/08/dragon-age-ii-review