Year: 1987 (started)
Deverloper: Konami Computer Entertainment
Creator: Hideo Kojima
Genre: Action-adventure, stealth
The Metal Gear Series began in 1987 with Metal Gear, which was followed by Metal Gear 2 in 1990. The Metal Gear Solid branch of games began in 1998. The series protagonist is a special forces operative named Solid Snake. Several sequels and prequels have been released on a variety of platforms, with an ever-expanding cast of characters.
LGBTQ References in this series:
See also QRM’s entry for this game.
- Metal Gear. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear
- Metal Gear 2. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_2:_Solid_Snake
- Metal Gear Solid. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid
- Metal Gear Solid 2. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_2:_Sons_of_Liberty
- Metal Gear Solid 3. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_3:_Snake_Eater
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_Peace_Walker
- Solid Snake. (n.d.) Retrieved from http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Solid_Snake